Child and Family Development
Welcome to UNC Charlotte’s Child and Family Development Program. The purpose of the program is summarized in our vision:
To assure the development of competent, diverse professionals who support the potential of every family and child, prenatal through early childhood, using a developmental framework within the context of their evolving cultural, community, and societal systems.
Defining principles of the program include:
- Recognition of and competence in cultural, linguistic, and ability diversity;
- Preparation to teach children ages Birth-Kindergarten, with and without
- Opportunities to apply knowledge and skills embedded in all coursework;
- Significant practica experiences in a variety of settings (e.g., home, hospital,
agency, school) with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, as well as their
- Provision of support to children and families through a developmental lens; and
- Emphasis upon evidence-based knowledge and skills to ensure highly effective
Contact information and detailed information about each of our programs is available by clicking on the specific program listed on the left-hand side of this page.